Our life in this earth is so fascinating, and life is so short. So I’m thinking what are best advices I can give to my 20 years old self if i given a chance to do that. That’s why I made a list below, 15 advice that will guide my younger me to be a better man. Why 15? Simply because I’ve just turn 35 two days ago. Happy birthday to me! Here are the 15 advice.
- You will experience a lot of failure in your journey, don’t lose hope. Use that failure into motivation to succeed in life.
- Look to all woman like how our God in heaven look at them.
- Listen more and talk less. Slow in anger and abounding in love.
- Extend your patience to others, not everyone think a like.
- Learn how to save money, Google the 70-20-10 principle.
- Find a local church, be connected and make yourself a disciple.
- Find a mentor, if you can’t find one start reading books.
- Integrity is far more important than a degree. So heads up young man, and work it out.
- You are a leader, so lead by example.
- Stop being a drunkard, it only cause you harm.
- Listen to your parents, their not perfect as so as you.
- Do your best at all times, do it for the Lord not for man.
- Take care of your health, do more exercise and be consistent on it.
- Pray for a woman of your dream, be specific like “godly woman, beautiful, tall and full of wisdom.” If you find her, take care of her and do not let go.
- Learn how to say sorry and give forgiveness more often. Believe me it won’t hurt you at all.
I want to say more to my younger self, since I limit it in 15 advice then it’s my fault. So I will let him discover by himself and enjoy the mystery of life.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.
Questions: Do you want to say or give advice to your younger self? If yes, what is it and why? Please share your thoughts and comments below.